- This event has passed.
Virtual Club Meeting with President of Best Future Center Rick Olsen – Kyaka II Refugee Settlement in Uganda
June 22, 2022 @ 19:00 - 20:00
Rick Olsen is the President and Founder of Best Future Center which was founded to support humanitarian, educational and informational services to individuals in poverty in Africa. In Uganda, there are 125,000 refugees each day that only receive safe drinking water the equivalent of flushing your toilet twice in a day. In this evenings presentation, Rick will discuss a $100,000 Rotary project that he is working on to increase the water quality and quantity in the Kyaka II Refugee Settlement in SW Uganda.
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Rick Olsen Bio:
- Public K-12 School Business Manager – 10.5 Years
- Husband of Retired School Superintendent
- Education Administration Ph.D Program, Michigan State University, 2000-2006, ABD
- Rotarian – Prior Lake Rotary in Minnesota
- World traveler: 41 countries, including Tanzania and Uganda (3 trips since February 2020) in Africa.
- Avid physical fitness advocate: Climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania in 2019, hiked in and out of the Grand Canyon in one day in 2018, went on a 19 day trek to the Base Camp of Mt. Everest in 2017, rode my bicycle across the U.S. in 2016, all after nearly killed when hit by a car while riding my bicycle in 2014.
- Visiting Professor, Business Department, LCC International Univ., Klaipeda, Lithuania, Jan-Feb, Sept-Oct 2018, teaching Entrepreneurship and Economics and Law
- Michigan State University Graduate, 1970
- Stanford Law School Graduate, 1978
- Agricultural Economics Ph.D program, University of California, Davis, 1970-1972, ABD
- State Representative, Michigan House District 55 – 2011-2012
- Attorney, Washington State Legislature -1981- 1983
- Attorney, WA Governor’s Office – 1983-1984
- Washington State Bar Association – 1978-1997 (moved out of state)
- Michigan State Bar Association, 2009 – 2015 (moved out of state)
- Certified Financial Planner – 1984-1989
- Private Business Manager – 15 Years
- Corn Grower Cooperative President – 1994-1996
- Agricultural Economist – 1970-1975
- Michigan native – a Yooper